Saturday, January 9, 2010

Jenn's Baby Shower

One of the greatest joys of my adulthood so far has been motherhood and seeing my friends become mothers. Today I got to take part in my friend Jenn's first baby shower.

Jenn has been one of my best friends since the first day of college. That's right--the very first day. She sat behind me in Spanish. I could have sworn they put me in the wrong Spanish class. I barely knew a thing on the placement test--how could they put me in 3rd semester Spanish! But, in God's sovereignty, there I was, and Jenn was behind me. I turned around to her the first day when it became obvious the professor was NOT going to be speaking ANY English. "Um, Do you understand a word he is saying?" Jenn smiled: "No." We've been friends ever since.

God brought Jenn into my life, and I am so thankful for her friendship. It was an honor to be there on her wedding day last year, and it is an amazing blessing to have watched her go through most of her pregnancy. In anywhere from 2-5 weeks we will meet Baby Carson Grice!

Here are some pics and videos from Jenn's special day:
The first video is a pack 'n play relay game. We divided the women into two teams. The team who put the pack 'n play together the fastest won the game. The other two videos are a game where Jenn had to undress and dress "Baby Carson" blindfolded.

No comments:

Post a Comment