Monday, January 4, 2010

2010 Goals

While Will was off for Christmas break, I was able to spend several hours at The Mad Hatter Bakery and several more hours at Panera Bread praying through some goals for 2010. This may seem like a long list, but I am hoping that writing everything out will motivate me to accomplish more. I have also chosen Scripture to pray and character trait to work on for this year.

Scripture: Lamentations 3:21-24: "This I recall to my mind, Therefore I have hope. The LORD'S lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, For His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness. 'The LORD is my portion,' says my soul, 'Therefore I have hope in Him.' ~Lamentations 3:21-24 NASB

Character Trait to Implement: Compassion

I wouldn't necessarily call all of these "resolutions," but here are the goals I've made for 2010 (in no particular order):

1. Go to bed by 9:30 and turn out the lights by 10. (9:30-10 would be a good time to read!)

2. Rise between 5:30-6 during the week.

3. Exercise with a video or wii 3 times/week.

4. Read through the NIV Chronological Bible.

5. Memorize one Scripture/week.

6. Read at least one book/month, equaling 12 books/year. Alternate fiction and non-fiction books. I read of plenty of books in 2009, but I just realized I didn't read ANY fiction! No wonder I was so glued to Twilight when I finally read it this week!

7. Start/revamp blog by January 15 (early on this one!!). Call the blog "Woven and Spun."

8. Write something (anything--not necessarily for blog) 15 minutes/day, 4 days/week.

9. Try to freelance at least one article by December 31, 2010.

10. E-mail my former editor at The Salisbury Post by Jan. 10 to tell him I'm back in the area and could potentially freelance. (Wow--this one's sneaking up on me. How am I supposed to explain that I haven't written in 6 years?)

11. Hobby to develop: sewing...3 nights/week (even if just for a few minutes).

12. Develop a home school Spanish curriculum by June. The fact that I start teaching 3 homeschoolers Spanish in two weeks will expedite this one!

13. Finish Emma Brooke's baby book by June 12, 2010 (her 2nd birthday!).

14. Develop a good stay-at-home mom schedule by February 1. (This schedule will hopefully help me manage my time more wisely.)

15. Pray daily for missions/missionaries--and not just the 5 that I already pray for daily. I want to include more prayers for brothers and sisters around the world that are enduring persecution (not just American missionaries).

16. Focus on my marriage and family--being a better wife and mommy!

17. Volunteer somewhere (pregnancy center?) once/month if childcare works out.

18. Spend MUCH less time on facebook!!

1 comment:

  1. Erin, I am so glad that you are blogging again. I love reading your blogs. You are such a great writer and your former editor would be lucky to have you write again! :)I will try to call you some morning this week so we can catch up. :) Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete