Thursday, January 7, 2010

Currently Reading


I have always been a bookworm, and I have resolved to spend less time online and more time reading good, old-fashioned books this year! I am going to list the books I am reading from time-to-time and may include some reviews once I'm finished.

There are so many books I want to read right now that it was hard to decide on where to begin. Thankfully, the library decided for me! When they called yesterday to notify me that a book I had requested was in, I knew that was where I needed to start. (After all, I only have it for 3 weeks, while the books I own can wait.)

So...the first book I'm reading is: Sink Reflections by Marla Cilley--the FlyLady. The subtitle says it all: "Overwhelmed? Disorganized? Living in Chaos? The FlyLady's Simple Flying Lessons Will Show You How to Get Your Home and Your Life in Order--and It All Starts With Shining Your Sink!"

I admit--I am predisposed to chaotic clutter. Now, as I have already read 3 chapters of this book, I have come to realize my home is not nearly as chaotic as it could be. However, the fact that we still have a couple of trunks to unpack and we've lived here for almost 6 months points to the fact that I will learn a lot from this book!

This book will help me towards meeting two of my 2010 goals: developing a good SAHM (Stay-at-Home Mom) schedule and becoming a better wife and mother.

I can't wait to start "FLYing"! :)

1 comment:

  1. I was a "flylady" several years ago when I was homeschooling Nathan and Kevin, involved in teaching a Ladies Bible Study and doing the Homeschool monthly newsletter for our Upper Cumberland area. Boy, was it a God-send to me. I made up a big notebook from all the resources that FlyLady had available and used them all the time. I also shared it with my niece who has 2 kids and teaches fulltime. She got hooked also and she is still "flying" to this day. I stopped after the boys went to college and I had a little more time...but I never stopped shining my sink! I need to get back to more of her rituals again. It's great that you are reading the book, too.
    Erin, have you visited my blog? I've had it for quite a while and am a little bit "random" as to my postings on it, but there are some good quilting and crafting links on it. Come by for a visit!

    ReplyDelete